Become an authority on what the weather’s up to with Fitzroy’s storm glass. Named for the man who captained the Beagle during Darwin’s groundbreaking 19th century voyage, it’s a little bit of history and a striking decorative piece in one.
The crystals inside it respond to atmospheric change so you can predict six different weather patterns:
- Clear liquid: Bright and clear weather.
- Cloudy liquid, sometimes with small stars and crystals at the top: Cloudy weather; often incoming thunderstorms and rain
- Small stars in the liquid: Humid or foggy weather.
- Large flaky crystals: Cloudy skies, snow in winter.
- Threads of crystals at the top: Windy weather.
- Crystals at the bottom: Frost may be coming.
A tasteful gift for that person you’re struggling to buy for and bound to appeal to lovers of the outdoors.
- No batteries needed
- 28cm tall
- Ages 8+ (contains small parts)